15 August 2015

A Blog Logo

Returning once more to Admin Tasks, I assumed that adding a bitcoin logo to this blog's header would be straightforward. As so often happens with assumptions, I was wrong

The first task was to choose a logo. The several styles of logo, all built around an upper-case 'B', are also designed to serve as an eventual currency symbol. I chose a blue logo, shown on the left, to match the design of this blog.

The second task was to add the logo to the blog's header. At this I failed. All of my attempts were in some way unsuccessful and it appears the safest way to do this is to alter the blog's template. That makes the design a little less portable and I decided to save the effort for another time.

In the meantime I added the closest HTML symbol I could find, the Thai bhat, '฿'. This is intended to be a placeholder until I work out a better solution.

1 comment:

  1. Very good info. Lucky me I recently found your blog by accident (stumbleupon). I have saved it for later!
    Bitcoin Kurs

    ReplyDelete