15 February 2020

Highest Market Caps

An extra Saturday this month gave me the chance to tackle something other than the two news posts for a typical month. I decided to redo some of the widgets in the right navigation bar.

I created the single news feed in the early days of this blog -- documented in the post Market Resources (August 2015) -- and haven't touched it since, although in the years since then the symbol BTCS has evolved and been assigned to different companies. Using both 'bitcoin' and 'blockchain' as the basis for a Yahoo search, I couldn't find a good symbol to replace it. The most relevant Yahoo page...

...didn't lend itself to a feed, so I added it as a resource link. Another possibility was...

...but the 'Screener' link also had market cap plus a lot more data. I took the top-3 market caps and developed an RSS feed...

to generate news stories on Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Ripple. This replaced the BTCS feed I used previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment