15 May 2021

Working on Resourcefulness

Another month of five Saturdays gives me another opportunity for an extra blog post. The last time this happened, Bitcoin in the News : 2020 Full Year (January 2021), I wrote,
I'd like to get rid of that twirly effect when a new page is opened. It's really annoying. I've looked at the blog template several times and haven't been able to determine the cause. Maybe I should simply change the template.

I tried many of the alternative templates and most -- Not all! Why not? -- also produced the 'twirly effect'. While I was working on that, I tried a number of other browsers and noticed that they didn't twirl. Is it a Firefox issue? If so, it might be related to responsive design; maybe it's trying to find the current orientation of the screen. While I didn't solve the problem, I did manage to understand it better.

Since that doesn't make much of a post, I also reviewed the widgets on the right sidebar. First I added a link for the recent Coinbase listing on NASDAQ. A good explanation is in Coinbase IPO: Here’s What You Need To Know (forbes.com; April 2021). Then I cleaned up some of the other widgets. The 'Blog List' widget isn't working very well, but I'm not sure why. If I ever come back to it, a useful reference might be Top 100 Bitcoin RSS Feeds (feedspot.com).

***

This image from one of my chess blogs is worth mentioning here. Follow the link for details about the source of the photo (Ivan Radic on Flickr).


Four Faces of Crypto Currency
(Chess for All Ages; May 2021)

No comments:

Post a Comment