02 June 2018

Bitcoin in the News : 2018-05 Price

Odd numbered month down, even numbered month up? That was the trend in last month's Bitcoin in the News : 2018-04 Price, which continued in the month of May. A handful of months does not make a trend, but it does make a lead paragraph.


Bitcoin (BTC) Price Index

As for the other stalwart of these monthly '20YY-MM Price' posts, Cointelegraph's Analysis category (note that the title of the page has changed for the second time in two months), had 18 stories in May. Last month I tried to categorize the category:-

That makes a total of five dimensions for classifying cryptocurrency discussions. I'll see how this holds up in May.

Here is my tentative classification of the 18 stories for May.

Geographic:

Regulatory:

Predictive:

Coin-specific: I called this 'Specific' in May, but the title is so vague that I kept referring to the previous post to remind me what it meant.

Technological:

The classification held up well enough, although sometimes it's a toss-up: Should 'Ethereum Under The Regulatory Spotlight' be considered 'Regulatory' or is it 'Coin-specific'? It's both, but I don't want to introduce a matrix classification for an off-hand experiment. Another gray area is 'Women In Blockchain And Crypto'. Is this really 'Technological'?

As for the last discussion point in the '2018-04 Price' post, the Cointelegraph technical analysis, the articles stopped appearing end-April. That's a pity, because I was just starting to get a feel for cryptocoin technicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment