11 August 2018

Bitcoin in the News : 2018-07 More++

After seeing the chart of bitcoin's price movements in July, Bitcoin in the News : 2018-07 Price, what sort of stories accompanied those movements? Last month, in Bitcoin in the News : 2018-06 More++, I tracked the month using a single news source, CNBC. This month I could have done the same, but I noticed that another source, Forbes, was getting even more attention from my aggregator, Google News.

Here are the Forbes.com stories I collected for my short list, although I easily had more than double this number available from Forbes. Most of the other Forbes stories were of the type 'bitcoin will go {up/down/sideways : choose a direction}'.

Of those stories, increasing power consumption and the Russian indictments were reported on by a number of other news outlets. Two other stories also attracted wider interest than other stories:-

As I write this, the price of bitcoin has dropped back into the low $6000s. I'll cover that in next month's Bitcoin in the News.

No comments:

Post a Comment